Friday, July 2, 2010

A New Dress

I just finished this dress. Every summer I knit one dress and it usually takes a while considering the extra length. It's my way to signal summer is here.
I called it the "tulip dress" because the inspiration was tulips, so I ended up not as upset about the frilled edges as I originally was.


Yarn: Cascade Ultra Pima
4 skeins of Syrah, 0.8 skeins of Orchid, and 0.25 skeins of Natural.
Needles: US #4


Alas, this was not knitted in one piece. The main color was knitted in one piece from top down. The light pink was knitted in 2 separate pieces then sewn on. The cream color was knitted separately too. Then the shoulder straps, which was knitted sideway with short-rows.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Beautiful choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing dress! It really suits you. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really stunning! Very flattering and striking design, great job.

    ReplyDelete