Friday, May 17, 2013

Nothing But Garter Stitches Shawl


yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock, color 272 and 269
Needles: US #6

I know I said it before that I despise doing garter stitches.  I do.  But I've been lusting a garter stitches shawl made of Noro Silk Garden Sock for a while now.  Little Knits had them on sale with new stock.  So.... here is a new shawl made of nothing but garter stitches.

I really liked all the projects for Silk Kerchief {no longer available} designed by Kate Gagnon Osborn.  Obviously the pattern is no longer available according to the pattern title.  I just used the  formula from something similar I made few years back sans pattern and with Plymouth Kudo.  It's simply CO 3 sts and garter stitches every row, alternate color on every RS row and on increase 4 sts on every RS row.

Was it boring to knit?  Yes.  Do I like the result? Yes!!  Do I still want to avoid doing a lot of garter stitches if I can? Most definitely.




2 comments:

  1. I really understand your wish trying to avoid garter, it's really boring.
    But look at your nice shawl, it's so lovely and all the boring stitches are forgotten :-) Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! But Elizabeth Zimmermann was right---there's nothing quite so beautiful as garter stitch. I think it's a lovely shawl.

    ReplyDelete