Saturday, June 29, 2013

Undecided About How Much I Like It


Yarn: Ornaghi Filati  Super Sport Superwash
Needles: US #4

Finally I have something knitting-wise to post.  A sweater, on this super hot day.

The motif was roughly copying the previous sweater "June First", but in colorwork.
I used Ornaghi Filati  Super Sport Superwash that I purchased from Elann.  It's not merino soft, which suits me. But the knots!  OK, at $2.45 per ball, I can stand one knot each ball, but 2 or even 3 on nearly every ball!!  Alright I'll shut up.  That's something I normally don't complain much about, I guess the rising temperature is starting to get to me. The yarn itself is nothing special to report, but definitely functional.

The construction was top-down seamless with round yoke and short-rows below the yoke.  Steeking worked out with no problem.  I kept looking at the motif and wished I had made a few changes, nothing major. I'm just a little picky about motifs.


I guess in the end I'm still not sure if I like the high contrast of dark brown with the pale yellow... too predictable of a color combination. On the other hand, I really like the pale yellow color itself. It lends to a slightly vintage/retro feel.

Now the sweater is done, and I doubt I'll have much chance to wear it until Fall.  I'm just not yet in the mood of knitting cotton or linen.




3 comments:

  1. I Think it look beautyfull with the color combination. And it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The motif is very interesting and decorative, and I like the color combination a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much you like it isn't the real problem.
    The real problem is that the pattern isn't yet available !
    So, please...
    Tchoury

    ReplyDelete