Saturday, December 13, 2014

Let's Go for Another Walk


I made another "Let's Go for a Walk", this time using Naturally Harmony 10 ply.  I totally LOVE this yarn, singly ply but sturdy, woolly but not scratchy.

I finally was able to take some photos of it when I wore it for my walk this morning in the woods.

It snowed last night.  The past "monster storm" had predicted 1 to 2 feet of snow, and we got 0 inches at the lake level here by the time the storm was over yesterday afternoon.  There was more snow on mountain tops, but still, a lot less than what was expected.  We saw the satellite map and the storm front seemed to stall over the mountains west of us.  It just couldn't get over the the crest to come to Tahoe Basin, I remember hearing comment saying it was partly due to the gusty wind. But last night, surprisingly after the storm was officially over, we got about 1/2 of an inch of snow, I guess it was better than nothing after all.


We went for a walk this morning through the meadow and creek next to our house.  Today is Paul's birthday, so he was happy to start the day with a walk in the snow.  And I got a chance to take photos when I was actually going for a walk.



And I'm very happy to report that so far this month, I've raised total $352 for animal shelters, that's $200 left after the last donations.  I'll make the next donations probably next week.  So happy many knitters are helping me with this donation drive. Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment